Thursday, April 3, 2008

SIMPLICITY @ IT'S BEST

Thanks to all of those of you who helped with the shower and those who brought food!
Tiffany enjoying herself. She is due April 17th and is having her second baby boy! Yeah, we are so excited for her and her family.



On the 29th of March, with the help of a few friends I threw a baby shower for our friend Tiffany. There was a great turn out and Tiffany really seemed to enjoy herself, so I am happy... I hope everyone else had a great time too. It was nice to get away for a short time from the boys. As much as I love them, it is always nice to have adult fun and conversation. I was asked by several people what the recipe was for the Cracker Candy I made, so here it is... Quite simple and tastes great. Those that know me well, know that I am not a cook by any means. So if I can make it, then anyone can. I am trying to become a better cook so if you have any great simple recipes, I'd love to get them from you.


CRACKER CANDY


Soda Crackers

1 Cup of Brown Sugar, packed

1 Cup of butter (two cubes)

1 bag of chocolate chips

Sliced almonds, finely chopped (I use the magic bullet)



1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.

2. In a lightly greased jelly roll pan, arrange the soda crackers in a single layer covering the entire bottom of the pan (you may have to cut come crackers in half to fit odd spaces). Set aside.

3. Place brown sugar and butter in a small pan and bring to boil over medium heat. Let boil for 3 minutes.

4. Pour the mixture over the crackers and carefully spread with a spatula. Make sure that it is evenly spread over the crackers. Place the tray in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.

5. Remove from oven and gently push down the crackers that have come up and over the tops of others.

6. Sprinkle chocolate chips liberally over the surface. Place the pan back in the oven for 1 minute to melt the chips.

7. Remove the pan from the oven. Using the spatula spread chocolate chips over the crackers like icing until completely covered.

8. Sprinkle the almonds over the surface.

9. Let them COOL completely! (you can speed the cooling process by putting the tray in the refrigerator for a few minutes. Don't leave it in there indefinitely because the chocolate will separate from the candy.)

10. Cut the candy into squares.

11. Enjoy and try to share!







3 comments:

Metcalf Family said...

Hey Jen :) I agree it's very nice to have Adult fun sometimes with no kids. You should go to Recipezaar.com.. It's the best cooking sight ever :)

skye said...

Thanks for posting the recipe! I was just trying to remember how you said to make it, so this is definitely good timing! Cute blog, by the way!

Camille said...

I'm sorry I missed this, it looks like it was a lot of fun!