Tuesday, April 8, 2008

WE WANT TO PLAY FETCH!














Angle Lake Mystery Dog... A couple of weeks ago I had some repairs to do at Casabella Apartments (the second set of apartments I manage). Of coarse, I can't just do repairs and not allow the boys some time to play and enjoy themselves. I took them to the Angle Lake Park. It is just down a few blocks from the apartments. I don't normally let the kids play with dogs we don't know, but for a good ten minutes this dog kept dropping a stick at my feet. We kept walking and tried to ignore the poor thing. Afterall, I didn't know who's it was or where it came from, if it bites, ect, ect. But after his persistance of dropping the stick and just walking along with us, not a bark and his continued patients, I finally decided to pick up the stick and throw it. It amused the boys so much, I continued to throw it and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. Nicholas Wanted to throw the stick too. I was hesitant at first, but decided that since this dog was so well tempered from the time he attatched himself to us that it would be okay. William squeeled with joy and clapped his hands. I have never heard him so excited about anything... I wish we could have a dog of our own. Both of the boys really seemed to enjoy his company. We started to leave and the dog followed us. No collar or sign of ownership, I felt bad just leaving him there. As I opened the car door he thought he was one of the family and hopped right in. Unfortunately, we were unable to keep him. I hope that he has a good home or finds one. Nicholas was really sad that we couldn't take him home. Maybe someday we can have our own dog that plays fetch as well as our mystery dog.



1 comment:

Metcalf Family said...

Awww I know Kalista LOVES dogs. One of our friends has a puppy and she loves to play with it. I've decided once i'm finished having babies then we'll think about getting a dog but I don't think I could try taking a care of a dog and a bunch of little kids. But little boys are SO CUTE with dogs it's like their best friend they can tackle and play with.