Sunday, October 5, 2008

Mineral Pools...

While we were visiting Great Grandma & Grandpa Lyons, we took a trip to Thermopolis. This was always one of my favorite places to go when I was growing up myself. I couldn't go visit with out taking the boys. We stopped at a family restaurant which doubled as a bowling alley. It used to be an A&W. They still have the old phones you order from... Nice to see some character in some smaller towns still. It was quite interesting watching my aunt order from the phone trying to make sure that she had ordered enough food for everyone in our group. We had 9 people total (Grandma & Grandpa, my aunt Kathy, Denny (my aunts friend), Denny's little girl, my cousin Taylon (who is 4 like Nicholas), myself & my two boys). Quite a crew for a small restaurant like that. After lunch we headed to the Star Plunge!
William splashed grandma & grandpa. It was really fun to watch them interact. William is usually such a momma's boy, but he sure was attatched to Grandma & Grandpa.
The Crew, minus Nicholas who is back at the railing... If you look really close you can see him. The one with the little floaties on. Yes, still afraid of the water, at least that could potentially cover his head. I'm not quite sure where this fear developed? He used to jump off the side into the water before he could even touch the ground. Maybe, he swallowed a mouth or two full of water...
William did really well in the water. I was quite surprised as he had never been in such deep water. He had quite a good time...
There were a few times, when I wasn't sure he felt safe on the turtle. Luckily, he wasn't on it when it got flipped over by Denny.


Then you had Nicholas and Taylon who all they wanted to do was go down the slide.
They went really fast... They couldn't wait to go running back up the stairs to go again. It was a really fun slide. They just had a small tub of water at the bottom, so you didn't have to worry about falling into a deep pool. They had another slide outside, but you had to be 21 to go on it. I haven't even been on that one. It was under construction the last time I was there (about 12 years ago).
After we were done swimming we took a short walk to look at the mineral ponds star plunge. I think this is where we lost Nicholas' hoodie. This picture was the last time we saw it. Oh, well. Things happen.
It was really nice to get to visit an old childhood favorite and even better that I was able to spend it with family. Thanks for the great time Gma & Gpa.


No comments: