Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Carving Pumpkins!


Nick was excited to be able to try to carve his pumpkin this year by himself... With a little help! He choose to do a smiley face on his pumpkin. He carved out the nose all by himself. Mommy helped him with the eyes and mouth.
William helped both Greg and I to get the insides out of our pumpkins. He wasn't quite sure about sticking his hand in the pumpkin, but after we gave him the little scooper he was just fine. He had a good time flicking pumpkin all over...

We only had a small mess to clean up! Those are my favorite kinds of messes, the ones that don't take long... We will reveal our faced pumpkins on Halloween!

4 comments:

McCray Family said...

How fun! You look like you are doing so well with the kdis and being pregnant! You look great and you guys are having so much fun! I will try to get new pics on our blog, moving has been slowing me down though! LOL!

Anonymous said...

I love carving pumpkins, I don't know what we're going to do this year, but whatever we do, it'll probably end up on the blog for sure :)

So my camera is a Canon 400d Rebel Xti. Basically it's the junior model for digital SLR's. It's still like 10megapixels and comes with a 18-55mm lens that range f3.5-5.5. I learned a bunch in my photography class last quarter. The other day when Parenting Magazine interviewed our family, I talked to the photographer about his cameras. Of course he had a couple of pro models. Basically, the difference between pro models is the size of the sensor, the speed of the shutter (how many pictures it can shoot/sec), and it's ability to eliminate "noise" in low light shooting conditions. There's a bunch of other things a pro model camera can do of course, but unless you've got like $3,000 lying around ($2,000 for the camera body alone), then I wouldn't bother with them. Someday though...somday :)

twiddyfam said...

I can't wait to see the faces! How fun!

Anonymous said...

It sure makes me miss you even more to see how much fun you are having. Hey, by the way I am trying to get a hold of you and your Verizon phones messaging system is full and you haven't set up your AT&T one yet. Will you please give me a call, I sure do miss you and the boys lots.