Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The Circus!

It's been a few weeks ago, but we traveled to Utah to visit the Highfield's our best friends. It should have only been a 3 hour drive from Elko, but there was construction and William had a blow out... Yeah, not a fun to deal with ever. We gave him a bath in a rest area sink and proceeded with our drive. So it took us a bit longer than we had planned on... We did make it there just in time.

We arrived in Salt Lake and were a bit turned around. We called Julie to see if she could help us a little with the directions. We drove up and down a few streets, but we finally arrived in the right place. The parking tendant didn't even charge me for parking since we were just coming in from out of town. This was a blessing in itself, because I would have had to go somewhere else to get cash. I didn't know that we were going to have to pay for parking. After getting settled for a brief moment.

We all made it to the same place and we finally saw Julie and Jessa at the pathway leading to the pre-show area. Nicholas ran and hugged them. He had been so excited, he kept asking if we were almost to Salt Lake yet so we could see Zach and Jessa.

Here are the kids at the pre-show.
Nicholas showed his excitement in a number of different faces throughout the night, but I caught this one and thought it would be a great memory of how he felt while watching the circus.

The Highfields cute as always.
Jessa and William. She does such a great job with kids. Both Nicholas and William adore her.

Here is a shot of a lot of the circus performers. They really put on a great show. It has been quite a few years since I've been to the circus. But it was great just like the one I remember going to. I still have the globe light that my Grandpa Lyons bought me. It has a tiger on it. Funny the things we keep from our childhood.

Nick and Jessa enjoying the show.
One of my favorite acts of the circus is the elephants. It's amazing the things they can do with their large bodies and how they interact with the humans.Another favorite from when I was a kid was the motorcycle cage. This time it almost made me nauseous. The thought of so many people in a cage on motorcycles made my heart race. I covered my eyes a few times thinking that they would crash into eachother. They didn't of coarse and everyone was safe.

Julie spoiled Nicholas and got him a light up sword. He carries it around with him often and has tried to take it more places than we will allow him to. Thanks for inviting us to a great show. We had a great time. We can't wait until the next time we can visit.












2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved seeing all of your pictures that you took at the circus. I can't wait until we can get together again and have lots and lots of fun. We miss you all so very much!!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for saying that about me Jen.
For a long time I spent your name with a g but I knew that it was a j.Jessa.i really miss you guys and hi from Jessa. and I am getting 105 on my spelling tests. love Jessa,Zachary,Julie,and Bryce.And i give to you a grate big big big big big big oxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox!!!!!!!!!!!!.love you guys. hop to see you guys soon.