Monday, September 22, 2008

Some Tears and a Few Stitches...

Back in July we had to take a trip to Urgent Care. We were in the middle of packing and William tripped and hit his eye bone on the side of a milk crate (a toy container). We moved it to the kitchen because we packed the toys that were normally stored in it and were going to use the crate to pack the canned goods. It was a good idea until we heard him crying. I picked him up to see what was wrong and at first he seemed to be fine. It took a minute for it to start bleeding. It's never fun to have your little ones in pain. I managed to stay fairly calm, but that's because I have great friends that were right there to help me with what I needed. I didn't have to worry about having an extra child while waiting to be seen by the doctor. Another friend came with me to keep me company while we waited for the doctor. William on the other hand was a great trooper... He didn't cry other than the initial fall and when they did the stitches. While we waited for them to see us in the room, he played hide and seek in the curtain. What a kid! He's a tough little guy.

The damage... to the eye. He had some pretty bad buising,
but it looks great now. Daddy even took out the stiches a week later.

Where's William?
He had a total of three stitches. Not too bad, I thought it was worse than it acutally was.
When it was all over with, they gave him a sucker and bandaged it to keep it clean. Needless to say the bandage only stayed on about an hour.

2 comments:

Metcalf Family said...

Awww poor little guy..

Camille said...

Poor kid. Emma just had her own fall that included stitches last week. On Hunter's birthday actually. I think sometimes stuff like that is harder on the moms than it is on the kids. Well, maybe. She cried a lot harder than I did.