Thursday, September 25, 2008

Corn Maze

September 10, 2008
Another one of our family traditions in the fall is to visit a corn maze. For the past 5 years we have went to the Rutledge Corn Maze. Every year they change the theme. Last year it was a Pirate just like Nick and we let him take his pirate hook with us. This year, it wasn't anything too exciting... It was a bank, I'm sure the sponsor of this years corn maze. It is still fun to get lost in the corn...
Here is a picture of the boys at the entrance of the maze. This is before William became scared of the corn blowing in the wind. The only way we could get him to walk, or should I say run was to say go... He then would run to catch Nicholas. I think it made him concentrate less on what was happening around him.
We found the first checkpoint. Both of the boys were excited.
There were two bridges in the maze. It's kind of neat to be able to look out on all of the corn that seems to go forever.
The boys wondering... Toward the end of the corn maze, William wasn't quite as afraid of the corn. But my bladder was about to explode. I wondered if we would ever find our way out...Thankfully, we made it out just in time.

1 comment:

Metcalf Family said...

Oh how fun, I'm excited to take Kalista to the Pumpkin Patch and corn maze this year.. I think we need to move to Washington you guys always find such fun things to do :)