Tuesday, November 2, 2010

How Could We Not Do The Wallup in Puyallup?

In one of the exhibit halls this year they had leather working that the kids could try. They each made a leather patch. Nick picked a wolf and William picked a monster truck of coarse. It's fun to see all of the collections and talent that people have. One of my favorite exhibit halls is where the photography is, but we didn't go through this year.
There was a really cool Astronomy collection. If we didn't have three kids I think I would have taken a little more time to look. They had a large telescope that the kids looked in; when they looked inside they saw themselves. The owner of the collection said something like who is that monster? Making a joke of sorts when the kids looked in.
We didn't eat lunch as we had planned on eating all the yummy fair food. This year we had corn on the cob..........smothered in butter. Mmmm.... Ice cream and candy apples among other things.
We bought tickets for the kids. The boys each picked two rides and Hailey wasn't really big enough to ride, but they let me(I didn't even have to pay for it). That made me smile... I didn't want to have to deal with a toddler who wanted to ride, but couldn't. Nick choose to do the Big Slide and a Roller coaser...That's my boy! I love roller coasters and I can't wait until he is big enough to ride with me.
William chose the cars and an air-plain ride that went up and down.
All in all we had a pretty good day.
Nick was being a good brother and made sure that Hailey stayed out of trouble when she wasn't in the stroller. I thought this was just too cute not to post. She wanted to walk most of the way. William on the other hand, we practically had to force him to walk. I think we kept him in the double stroller a little too long and it made him lazy.
Hailey was all smiles...
We also saw giant pumpkin carvings...Amazing art! I'm curious what they carved these 2 ton pumpkins with...

2 comments:

Julie/Mom said...

You guys do such fun things with your kids...I must admit that you are much braver than I ever was! Looks like they really enjoyed themselves. Much love - Mom

Trinity said...

Looks like a lot of fun. I love the picture with you and Hailey! Beautiful!