Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Turning 5 With WALL-E

This year Nicholas choose to have a Wall-e Birthday. Boy was this a hard one... We couldn't find Wall-e decorations anywhere. I usually have the decorations months in advance, and I did but for a different theme. Nicholas about a month ago told me that he no longer wanted to have a pirate party... I was frustrated, but will be able to use the decorations that we bought for our halloween party, since we have one every year. He couldn't tell me what he wanted his party to be only that he didn't want a pirate party. So about a week before his birthday, he finally decided. Only, I had a slight problem... I wasn't quite walking around much at that point. So in a panic my mom came to the rescue. We went to several stores looking for Wall-e decorations and such. I rode on the handicap carts and was pushed around in a wheel chair depending on which store we were at. The best we came up with was a Wall-e sheet set and a gift bag. We got creative and came up with some solutions. We used some of the pirate decorations and changed out the pictures with ones that were on the gift bag. Then we used the Big Wall-e picture as a pin the eyes on Wall-e. I used the internet to print off the eyes.

My mom ran all of the games. This was a relief to me. No matter how much planning and preparing I do, I usually stress out about how things are going to go. My cousin Katie also helped out alot. It was pretty stress free for me as I didn't do much other than invite people. This we did only a few days before the party. This only occured because I was planning to have it next month when things settled down a bit. Since my mom was here she said that we should go ahead and have a party and that she would help me.
Things went pretty smoothly. We played games, busted open a piniata, ate, and watched WALL-E. The kids all had a great time. It was great to finally meet some of the kids that Nicholas goes to pre-school with. Nicholas was excited to have friends over and that it was a WALL-E party.

3 comments:

twiddyfam said...

You are such an awesome mom! You always have the cutest parties! I'm sorry we couldn't make, it looks like everyone had a great time!

Julie/Mom said...

Jenny and Greg I just finished reading all of your posts back to Hailey's birth. You guys amaze me...You are always out doing fun things even after major surgery!!! It looks like the zoo was great fun, I'm glad you were able to go enjoy the lights. Looks like your mom was a great help while she was there! Much love - Mom/Grandma

Anonymous said...

It looks like you and your mom did a great job with the Wall-E party. Happy Birthday Nicholas, the big 5 year old now! I wish that we could have been there. Keep up the good work with all the parties you have.