Friday, January 2, 2009

Our New Arrival!

On the 29th of December we had our last check before we were to be enduced on the 30th. Unfortunately, we were given some bad news... The baby was breached and we were left with making a decision. We could try to flip the baby, with a 50% chance of success or we could have the c-section. After much thought and prayer, we decided to go ahead with the c-section.

We arrived at the hospital at 7:15 am and we waited... Dr.shope came to the room to see what we had decided about the flipping. We told him that we had decided to go ahead with the c-section. We waited a little longer as they prepped the room for the c-section. Right as the anestesiologist was getting ready to put the needle in for the spinal block he had to stop becuase they had to do an emergency c-section on another patient... This was actually good, because I was pretty stressed out when I saw all of the equipment in the c-section room. I then had time to think about what was actually going to happen. I needed that extra hour.

It was finally time. The spinal block worked great and the surgery went on. A few minutes later we had our baby girl. The nurses and doctors were great. It was a good experience and I am thankful to all that helped us while we were at the hospital.


My big belly before...

Daddy getting ready for the surgery

Waiting in the recovery room to go to our room

The boys came to visit their new little sister...

William, Grandma, and Hailey

Nicholas with Hailey



6 comments:

Aimee said...

I tried to make it to the hospital to see you before you left, but when I called they said you already went home :(. I hope Hailey is doing great and Momma is resting as much as possible. Congrats to the WHOLE family. Your baby girl is lucky to be born into such a wonderful family.

twiddyfam said...

Okay...this post made me cry...What a beautiful family!

McCray Family said...

COngratulations! She is beautiful! I am glad the surgery went well and you can take it easy for a while! Congrats!

Metcalf Family said...

Oh Jenny I so glad it was a good experiance!! She is so pretty! Congrats and I can't wait to meet her :)

Julie/Mom said...

Dear Greg & Jenny,

So glad you got the pictures posted! What a wonderful day. Wish I could have stayed up there longer to help out, but I know you are in good hands with Greg at home for a while.

We love you guys! Dad and I look forward to getting up there soon.

Much love Mom/Grandma

Anonymous said...

miss you all.julie