Friday, January 30, 2009

1 Month Old!

Today Hailey had her 1 month check up with Dr. Grubb. Unfortunately, she had to get a shot. She had to get her second Hep B shot. As you can tell from above, she let out a loud cry. Nicholas covered his ears as she cried. I wish I could have done the same. It is so sad to have to listen to your children cry and not be able to do anything about it. I felt so helpless at that moment. I'm glad that we don't have to experience that very often. Hailey handled it pretty well and only cried a short time. She even got a pink army bandaid she was so tough!

Over all Hailey is healthy. The only small issue is she has a clogged eye duct which causes a yellow secretion in the corner of her right eye. Dr. Grubb messaged the corner of her eye and said that if we message the corner of her eye with a warm wet finger it should unclog shortly. While Dr.Grubb was doing this, Nicholas took it upon himself to tell him that Hailey doesn't like that. He kept saying "no, no she doesn't like that." I had to explain to him that Dr.Grubb knew what he was doing because he was a doctor. He still didn't like the fact that Dr.Grubb was making her cry. Like her big brothers Hailey is going to be a BIG GIRL! She is in the 95% like both the boys were. Any guesses for her weight?
1 Month Stats: she weighs a wopping 9 lbs 12 oz. and is 22 1/4 in long.
I can't believe it! She is growing so fast...

5 comments:

Trinity said...

What a good big brother Nick is!! That is so cute. It sounds like you guys have been busy and having fun. Hailey is getting so big. You are awesome Jenny. I love all the things you put together for your kids birthdays. You are very creative.

Aimee said...

One of Tyler's friends at work has that same problem with his eye. I can't believe Hailey is already a month old! I can't wait to see her!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nicholas is such a great big brother. All I could think about is his voice saying that to the doctor. She she is growing really fast. She is BEAUTIFUL! I love the yellow outfit!

twiddyfam said...

I'd have to agree with J. I can hear his voice saying that too, and I love the cute head band. What a sweetie!

Camille said...

She's adorable. I'm so bummed I missed your baby shower. I was stuck with all the kids while Jared was out helping with an eagle scout project. Darn. I heard it was a lot of fun and everyone says Hailey is just beautiful. Congratulations again!