Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Signs of Spring!

To celebrate spring and the nice weather, we took a trip to Sumner to watch the Daffodile Parade.

This is the 76th year of the daffodile festival. It is a week long celebration. I was glad to get the kids out. I attempted this outing myself with the three kids. It actually went rather well.

We found a parking spot a half a block from the start of the parade. I thought it would be good to find a spot near the begining of the parade so that we could get out with out a large traffic jam. It turned out to be a great plan...
It was fun to see all the creative floats covered with daffodiles. I didn't get very many pictures of the floats because people kept walking in front of us right as I was getting ready to take a picture. I guess people just don't think that walking in front of little kids during a parade is rude... I am always concious of the people around me, it is strange to me that some people don't. Over all the outing was great. The kids enjoyed the parade and lasted about an hour before they were ready to go. So we slipped away quitely and with out a crowd or traffic jam.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It sure looks like you all had a great time! I love the pictures of the float.