Sunday, January 13, 2008

Trouble Sleeping


Nick's Cake
I had trouble sleeping yesterday, and actually didn't go to bed. I stayed up all night decorating and preparing for Nicholas' birthday. I couldn't believe that he was going to be 4. My baby is going to be 4... It's hard to believe how fast they grow. I now understand why people are always telling me to enjoy it while they are young. It doesn't last long. As much as I have enjoyed being a mother and each stage that brings different joys and challenges, I was sad. I have to admit that I miss him being so dependant on me. I know he is only 4, but I already see that he is a very independant and strong willed person... Much like myself, which is kind of scary to think about.

1 comment:

Allison @ Allie Browns Layouts said...

DIIIIEEEEGOOOOO! My sons loves Diego. Your cake looks GREAT! Yeah, I tried making a cake look like a landscape for my highschool art final and...it turned into a colorful wreck. It was embarrassing. I'm just not that crafty.